Thursday, September 7, 2017

Bangalore Outing Can Be Fun!


So the next destination I flew to is...Bangalore! And guess what, from what I can tell, Bangalore (as my representation of India) is so similar to Indonesia! Here is why, the traffic from what I can tell, is just damn similar. The motorcycles are just everywhere, in the corner, nearby every trucks, and one thing for sure, the riders somehow have 9 cats soul. Basically, the drivers and traffic in India is just as crazy as in Indonesia, the small driver on the streets doesn't seem to care about the safety driving around the big buses or trucks, instead, they are always trying to cut the trucks (since the trucks carrying lots of stuff and slower) in a very slim way. It was just eye-irritating scene.

Before I started my day, my friends and I had a buffet in Movenpick Hotel. It was AMAZING! I start to fall in love with the various Indian cuisines ever since. It was not too greasy first of all compare to what I used to find in the foreign countries' Indian restaurant. Indian cuisine plays a lot with spices (re: chutney) so for vegetarian, it will not really be a problem, instead it could be one of your desirable pick.

Movenpick Hotel Bangalore Breakfast Buffet

My choice of breakfast

These are five different chutney (spices) to dip the paratha or other dishes 
(details in the link above)

The one on top of the cereal is called Dosa (taste so good).

Such a cozy restaurant to start a day :)

Enough talking about the traffic scenery and the food. So I managed to reach one temple safe and soundly. It was a mainstream tourist attraction in Bangalore called ISKCON. It is one of the popular Hinduism temple in India most importantly in Bangalore. Little bit of information I get from some Indian friends, India is divided into northern and southern part where the culture and norm are so different. Bangalore is considered to be southern part where the weather is nicer and more pleasant. In northern India, it is more populated since the capital city (New Delhi) is located there. Most of the northern Indian are also  Hinduism and that make them mostly vegetarian or at least they don't eat beef. Instead, they treasure cow as it is believed that cow is the incarnation of God. In contrast, the southern part of India are more liberal in the choice of meal they eat.

Here are some pictures of me visiting the temple. It was crowded by the local tourist came from other part of India.




Little bit of note to remember, whenever visiting temple or any religious/ sacred places, always bear in mind of wearing appropriate attire covering thigh, shoulders or breast. When we visited there, my friends and I need to pay little extra for the veils lent to us to cover our body parts.

After that we went to the mall nearby (re: Orion Mall) to accompany my friend looking for saree (Indian traditional outfit). I took the chance to try on the saree too. Isn't it gorgeous?


By the way, I forgot to mention one very important thing. In india, EVERYTHING is CHEAP. When I mention everything literally means like mostly everything. From the transport (taxi) fares, to the clothing and foods. It is always worth spending for some items you need and get it in India. Even the branded clothes like Zara are just cheaper there (well the items sold are meant to be in lower price) so the higher prices clothes for the same brand could hardly be found there. Especially I am assuming it from the city outside of the capital city of India.



Overall, I am satisfied with this trip! Phir Milenge! (Hindi for 'see you again!')

No comments:

Post a Comment