Friday, August 18, 2017

My very first layover : Shanghai (2017)

It was such a great day. The weather is nice although it was a little bit humid when I reached there at since it was the beginning of June where summer just started. I am so glad I had someone to meet up there so I won't feel that lost. She is my close 'local' friend and we have quite a lot of similarity in terms of our pathway. We were in primary until university together and we still keep in touch whenever we had chance. So basically she just starts her new job there and before the departure to Shanghai around few months ago, we had the chance to meet up in Jakarta whereby I was working there for a year and half before moving to Qatar and she was transiting for a day.

So I reached Shanghai pretty late around afternoon. Two of my coworkers were joining me and my childhood friend together. With subway, we went to Nanjing Road where it is basically a must-go tourist spot in Shanghai. Throughout the street are full of shops for those who like shopping like me, it was a paradise with summer discount all hanging here and there.






At the end of Nanjing Road, we finally reach The Bund where it is such a nice spot to view the Shanghai iconic Pearl TV Tower. We did take a few picture but it was pretty late and the lights are already off. But overall, we were all having a great time there. 




The next day, my friend and I went to the nearby shop lot near to the hotel in Pudong (around one hour from the city center/ the bund). I really enjoy Shanghai snacks whether it comes from family mart (minimarket) or the local shops. I bought several instant noodles to bring back to Doha, bubble tea and dumplings for my lunch. Everything just literally suits my taste bud when it comes to snacks and Chinese cuisine. When talking about price, those prices are just affordable. There is no point to doubt about it. Also, I am a big fan of chocolate milk, and I want to show you this chocolate milk is just kicking my bud. It is amazingly good. 





This dumpling stores comes with many varieties of dumpling. You can simply choose any and they were all equally good. I am a big fan of DUMPLING!


This is one of my best dish highlight in Shanghai. This is basically mix of meatball with special local sauce which I really like. I can easily get it in Family mart (I think would be in any family mart especially during breakfast) and it costs you around 7 RMB which is around 1 USD (yummy and cheap, so worth it). I ate two portions of this, for breakfast and supper.


My 'local' friend recommend this to me and she said this is one of the best bubble milk tea EVER in Shanghai. And I have no doubt about it.




No comments:

Post a Comment